3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 9:26 AM by the_wine_snob

Rendered to flv, now how do I use it ?

deimosphobos Level 2

Hi. So PRE8 allows me to create a .flv (flash video) file. How do I view or distribute it ?

I have tried to include it on my website but all the standrard tools / plug-ins require a swf file.I use Expression Web 3.

It will also not play as a stand alone.

Any one know where to go from here ?

• 1. Re: Rendered to flv, now how do I use it ?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If all of your embedded players require SWF, then you would use either Adobe Flash, or a similar program to package that. For many sites, one has a fully embedded Flash player, and all that they have to do is link the FLV file to that. One that comes immediately to mind is Muvipix. Now, the Webmaster, and designer, Ron, is a very frequent contributor to the fora on that site (plus he has created most of the original music available there too). I'd post to Muvipix, and let Ron give you the full details of how that site handles the FLV's. Maybe just a change in the Web page design, will do all that you need.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Rendered to flv, now how do I use it ?
            Ted Smith Level 3

GOM or VLC are good FLV stand alone players,

All available on the internet,

• 3. Re: Rendered to flv, now how do I use it ?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree on those two players, and also recommend MediaPlayer Classic HC (the FLV player that I have set in File Associations). However, for embedding onto a Web page, other considerations would need to be made. Just depends on whether one is delivering the FLV file, for playback on a computer, or needing to link to an embedded player on a Web page.

Good luck,

Hunt