2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2007 3:05 PM by Jeff Hill

Fireworks MX misbehaving after Adobe update

Jeff Hill
      I have had Fireworks MX installed on a machine running Vista Business for several months and had no problems. The machine came pre-loaded with Adobe Acrobat 8, and I recently allowed it to do an automated update (after which the machine was restarted).

Several days later, I had severl instances of Adobe open, and tried to start fireworks. It spun the disk for a few seconds, then ... nothing. No errors, no Fireworks. This was repeatable.

After a restart, Firewoirks opened OK (but note that I had no instances of Adobe open at the time), but now my tools toolbar refuses to dock.

I know MX is a pre-Adobe version, but could the Adobe update have replaced some MX DLL which is now common?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Fireworks MX misbehaving after Adobe update
          Level 1
          I doubt that Adobe updaters have ever touch FW MX app to update or anything. My gut feeling tells me -- it got to have to do with Window Vista problem.

Have you try to conduct a search around Fireworks and Dreamweaver forums, about any possible workaround solutions around Vista Business with some solutions. I have seen some possible solutions from time to time. I use Mac, so I can't really help you at this point.

But try to do a quick search around here and Dw forums to see if you find anything. If not possible, try Google around Adobe as well. You should get some pointers or frame of references that points you to the right direction.

Have you tried to use Fireworks Tech Support page yet?

Hope that helps. Cheers, Brian

quote:

Originally posted by: Jeff Hill
          I have had Fireworks MX installed on a machine running Vista Business for several months and had no problems. The machine came pre-loaded with Adobe Acrobat 8, and I recently allowed it to do an automated update (after which the machine was restarted).

Several days later, I had severl instances of Adobe open, and tried to start fireworks. It spun the disk for a few seconds, then ... nothing. No errors, no Fireworks. This was repeatable.

After a restart, Firewoirks opened OK (but note that I had no instances of Adobe open at the time), but now my tools toolbar refuses to dock.

I know MX is a pre-Adobe version, but could the Adobe update have replaced some MX DLL which is now common?

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Fireworks MX misbehaving after Adobe update
            Jeff Hill Level 1
            I expected to find something in the forums, at least on the toolbar docking problem, even if it didn't have anything to do with Vista.

I figured I'd check here first before trying support. I'm not even sure if this is a "supported configuration".

Anyway, I'll give this thread a few days and see what turns up.