3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 8:42 AM by John T Smith

Workflow help with Sony EX1r and CS5

El Dorado Media Ted

Hello all,

I just upgraded from my Standard Def Sony PD-150, and CS3, to the Sony EX1r and CS5 which brought with it the need for a new computer and a whole new set of questions.

I am doing some test projects and need some start up help to make sure I am using the right settings.

I will be filiming an indoor corporate video and the end result will end up being posted on their website.  I will also need to produce a DVD for them to hand out to their customers.

I need to know:

#1     The best setting to use when I film on the EX1r, for example HQ 1920/60i ?

#2     What project settings do I use when setting up the new project in Premiere?

#3     What is the best setting to use for output for the internet?

#4     What project settings to use for building the DVD.   I want it to play full screen on widescreen TVs.

The test project I am doing is 1920 x 1080  29.97.  Looks great in Premiere but when I burn to DVD and playback on widescreen TV it does not take up the full screen and the video it a bit pixelated.

Please help

I know it is a lot of information to ask.  I appreciate any help you can give to clear up my confusion with all these new settings

Thank you

Ted