3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 12:16 PM by Brit.b

Will not export one of 3 audio layers

Brit.b Level 1

I have tried to export a sequence, but 2 of the 3 audio layers will not export in any format (I've tied several -mp2, H.264 and even just audio in mp3 ). All audio layers play fine in the timeline and when nested in other sequences. However I have the same audio clips in other projects -also in similar layers, and they export without a problem. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Will not export one of 3 audio layers
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Layers is not a PR feature. It is in PS and AE, but PR uses tracks. Is that what you mean?

If so, then make sure the audio tracks are not turned off / muted.

• 2. Re: Will not export one of 3 audio layers
            the_wine_snob Level 9

MP3 Audio can cause all sorts of problems. After you check out Harm's suggestion to check the "Visibility" of that/those Audio Track(s), in the Track Header and in Audio Mixer, if all is fine there, and that/those Track(s) are Enabled, try doing a Render/Replace for the MP3's, to convert them to WAV's.

I always convert all MP3's to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit, prior to Import, and never have issues. Others find that some MP3's are fine, but others just do not function, though there were not errors on Import. MP3's can be odd, troublesome files.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Will not export one of 3 audio layers
              Brit.b Level 1

Thanks, the file in question …as it turns out was only one of the tracks (not “layer”…sorry), albeit the main track.

I found it as a low res sample off the net. I then slowed it down to 17% - and it sounded great on the timeline. I’ve used it in 2 projects. The first one had no problem.

However in the project in question, no matter what I tired –converting it to WAV in Premiere or whatever, It would play fine on the timeline, but not play when exported (to any format). I took the same file and re rendered it in Soundbooth as a stereo file –both mp3 and the much larger wav, and tied it again. Both files then would export…but the sound mysteriously changed pitch (without using any effects). I then threw up my hands and used Windows sound recorder. This worked. I converted the Windows media file to a wav and mp3 files…and they both work. Very odd!

BTW I prefer mp3 since it saves space, and I’ve had no inherent problem with them and cannot tell the difference with the audio with high quality Mp3s.