4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2011 11:53 PM by wobbie93

SWF. not working when entering other state

wobbie93

Hi

I have just made a site where theres a main site without animation and a sub site with animation. The problem is that the animation/swf is not starting when i enter the subsite. It starts when theres no main site but when we enter the site from a another main site/sub site the animation the do not start.

• 1. Re: SWF. not working when entering other state
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

This might be a security issue. If I am understanding what you are say is you go to www.mysite.com then go to mysubsite.mysite.com. When you are accessing the Flash Catalyst produced swf at mysubsite.mysite.com this way it does not work. In the Flash Catalyst file, the linked swf is probably referenced as "http://www.mysite.com/mySWF.swf", but to the Flash Player this is a different address from mysubsite.mysite.com.

If you add a crossdomain.xml file to your site to include the top level and sub domains, the issue should be resolved. For more information on the crossdomain.xml file: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14213.html

Good luck

Chris

• 2. Re: SWF. not working when entering other state
            wobbie93 Level 1

That was not really the problem but thanks.

It is not a subdomain but we had a mainsite and you could click on other links where you enter other "under"-sites not subsites.

For eks www.example.com/home.php -> www.exampl.com/about.com

The problem at the home site we had a animation that worked fine but when we went to the under-site it would not work at all.

• 3. Re: SWF. not working when entering other state
              Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Hum. I am confused. What is contained in a Flash Catalyst project and what is not? Are the SWFs that you want to play created by Flash Catalyst and you just navigate to the sub page and have it displayed? Are you saying if I enter www.example.com/about.html in my browser address bar, the SWF will play, BUT if I go to www.example.com, then click the link (which is within the HTML or within a SWF?) that takes me www.example.com/about.html the SWF will NOT play?

• 4. Re: SWF. not working when entering other state
                wobbie93 Level 1

Okay, another way to explain.

We have a loading site where theres a SWF. file as a animation. Lets call this loading.html

The animation on this site is working perfect.

Now when we enter the "undersite" lets call this under1.html and theres a NEW swf. animation on the site and its different from the loading site.

BUT the problem is that the SWF. animation does NOT work on this site or any other sites besides the loading.html.