0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 4:08 AM by trivinci

AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider creationComplete Event

trivinci

Hi, and TIA for any and all help this community can provide,

I've created a custom renderer for an AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider.  When triggered by the proper dataField, my renderer (a VBox with its own embedded AdvancedDataGrid) renders, does some lazy loading, and displays the results of its query.  This all works great... usually.

I've coded the render to call the lazy loading on the creationComplete event (see below), but I'm finding that event is not always called.  The first two times the render gets activated, the creationComplete event fires and everything works as intended.  For 2-3 subsequent accesses, the createtionComplete even is *not* fired and data from the previous interrogation is displayed.

It's as though my component sometimes gets re-used, and the creationComplete event is not fired in those cases.  Is there a better event to use, one that's guaranteed to fire in this situation?

<mx:rendererProviders>
          <mx:AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider dataField="fieldV" columnSpan="0" renderer="com.me.MyRenderer"/>
      </mx:rendererProviders>

Sample code for com.me.MyRenderer

<mx:VBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" creationComplete="init();">
          <mx:Script>
              <![CDATA[

private function init():void
                  {
                      trace(data);
                  }
              ]]>
          </mx:Script>

</mx:VBox>