5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 1:59 PM by George_Johnson

Submit Error

hook'em

We have online forms that we have a vendors submit for markets, when we get a Mac user that try's to submit the form they get the following error. The form does submit on our side. We have had the Mac user change from default pdf previewer installed to adobe reader to view the form and submit it

Submit-error.jpg

• 1. Re: Submit Error
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What type of response does the web server generate in response to the form posting? It looks as though it's HTML. Is the PDF being viewed inside or outside of a browser?

Are other Reader uses able to submit successfully if the document is viewed outside of a browser?

• 2. Re: Submit Error
            hook'em Level 1

The form posts to the server via html GET. I have nothing set specific as a response. The PDF is viewed mostly in the browser, but could be either inside or outside.

• 3. Re: Submit Error

How did you set up the form to submit using a Get, exactly?If you use a Submit Form action (or JavaScript), it will submit using a Post.

If the form is used outside of a browser, Reader will not know how to display the response unless it is in FDF format. Since the response is HTML in your case, the user will get that error.

• 4. Re: Submit Error
                hook'em Level 1

we are using the html submit button you get when using designer, not every mac user gets the error no matter if they are in or out of a browser

• 5. Re: Submit Error

I see. I was talking about a form created in Acrobat, but I'm surprised it works for some when submitted outside of a browser.

When it works, what do the users see after they submit? Are they directed to a page on the web site?