3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 1:53 PM by Keith Moreau

Multicam-Strange Audio file trunctation when changing cameras

Keith Moreau Level 1

I have a sequence nested as a multicam with audio from one of the cameras in the multicam included in another audio track in the same sequence. When I change angles to the angle with the camera with the audio on it, the audio is deleted from that point in the sequence until the next camera change or cut.

None of the other tracks are affected. I can lock the audio track but then this impairs my efficiency at doing a razor cut to edit the multicam sequence and audio track at the same time.

I suppose I could (and I will) create a separate audio file and put it into the same timeline, but I feel I should not have to do this.

This video and audio happens to be XDCAM EX format.

Thanks for any advice.

• 2. Re: Multicam-Strange Audio file trunctation when changing cameras
          Keith Moreau Level 1

Yeah, sorry it's confusing, let me explain:

I usually edit multicam this way:

I nest the sequence that has multiple cameras/tracks (sourceSequence) into a new sequence, let's call that sequence MCSequence

I also put one or more tracks sourceSequence into MCSequence below the nested soureSequence track. This was I have a reference for all the clips and blank spaces between clips in sourceSequence.

I also use one of the audio tracks of these reference clips as the master audio for MCSequence.

Before-camera-change.png

In MCSequence, if I make a camera change, inexplicably the left audio track of the 'reference' cuts that point and is deleted up until the next cut point in MCSequence. This happens to be the exact audio track I need to use which happens to be the XDCAM EX track. The right channel isn't affected, just the left.

After-camera-change.png

Since I'm using that track as my master audio, it's a pain. I want to be able to have a fully edited MCSequence but also have this master audio track as well available so I can perform volume corrections and other stuff, L edits on the audio etc. It's a pain to have to deal with what I think is a strange bug.

Anyway I hope this is clear but I fear it's just a glitch I'll have to deal with.

Thanks for any advice.

• 3. Re: Multicam-Strange Audio file trunctation when changing cameras
            Keith Moreau Level 1

OK I figured it out. In the multicam I was targeting audio track 1. When I switched the target to another audio track it didn't affect the track I was wanted so problem solved.