7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 3:13 PM by stablizerr

why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?

stablizerr Level 1

Hi,

I have compiled an application using cairngorm and parsley library as RSL, but every time reload the application in flexbuilder 4.0.1, I can see from the console that those cairngorm and parsley libraries are realoaded again and again. Are these RSLs supposed to be cached in the browser and be reused as long as the browser cache is not flushed? The framework RSL (signed) are indeed reused.

I compiled the application with debug=true, verify-digest=true.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

I think if you are loading from file:// they may not cache

• 2. Re: why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?
            stablizerr Level 1

the swfs are loaded from localhost. Is it considered as "file://"?

Below is a section of the generated actionscript:

return ,

{"rsls":["navigation-1.3.swf"],

"policyFiles":[""]

,"digests":["3624e111bc57b9e207f0b66644848a5dd5a0abbf97116133b98527752b095c47"],

"types":["SHA-256"],

"isSigned":[false]

},

Thanks!

• 3. Re: why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?
              stablizerr Level 1

the "navigation-1.3.swf" and other cairngorm and parsley RSL got

loaded in every refresh...

• 4. Re: why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?

They will get loaded, but will be loaded from the browser cache if they are

in the cache.  How are you determining they aren't in the cache?

• 5. Re: why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?
                  stablizerr Level 1

my flash player cache:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache\Q3GCT78E

browser cache:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ty32c26v.default\Cache

Based on the filesize and type and timestamp, I verify all the swf and

swz files are cached.

I have a preloader, which output traces in the rslProgressHandler().

After the initial load, subsequent load still download the SWFs. Below

are the traces:

1, initial load

Loading app: 100%

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/1 - 323,748 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 2 of 14: 5% (navigation-1.3.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf - 410,297 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/2 - 799,221 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/3 - 1,314,527 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 4 of 14: 3% (popup-1.12.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/4 - 1,050,663 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/5 - 202,168 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 6 of 14: 44% (BabelFx.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/6 - 79,853 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 7 of 14: 21% (spicelib-flex-2.3.2.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/7 - 232,937 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/8 - 261,592 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/9 - 797,233 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 10 of 14: 5% (parsley-flex4-2.3.2.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/10 - 947,757 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/11 - 194,680 bytes after decompression

Warning: Ignoring 'secure' attribute in policy file from

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml.  The 'secure'

attribute is only permitted in HTTPS and socket policy files.  See

http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files for details.

loading RSL 12 of 14: 3% (module-0.14.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/12 - 1,316,858 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 13 of 14: 4% (navigationParsley-1.3.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/13 - 850,036 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 14 of 14: 100% (ciknow-api.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/14 - 47,193 bytes after decompression

INFO:  Initialize Flex Support

2/1/2011 12:34:18.936 index.mxml init app

/_c/c/SurveyModule.swf - 161,085 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/15 - 323,748 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/16 - 202,168 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/17 - 1,314,527 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/18 - 797,233 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/19 - 194,680 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/20 - 261,592 bytes after decompression

2, subsequent load (refresh)

Loading app: 100%

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/1 - 323,748 bytes after decompression

Warning: Ignoring 'secure' attribute in policy file from

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml.  The 'secure'

attribute is only permitted in HTTPS and socket policy files.  See

http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files for details.

loading RSL 2 of 14: 5% (navigation-1.3.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf - 410,297 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/2 - 799,221 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/3 - 1,314,527 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 4 of 14: 3% (popup-1.12.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/4 - 1,050,663 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/5 - 202,168 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 6 of 14: 44% (BabelFx.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/6 - 79,853 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 7 of 14: 21% (spicelib-flex-2.3.2.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/7 - 232,937 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/8 - 261,592 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/9 - 797,233 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 10 of 14: 5% (parsley-flex4-2.3.2.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/10 - 947,757 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/11 - 194,680 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 12 of 14: 3% (module-0.14.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/12 - 1,316,858 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 13 of 14: 4% (navigationParsley-1.3.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/13 - 850,036 bytes after decompression

loading RSL 14 of 14: 100% (ciknow-api.swf)

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/14 - 47,193 bytes after decompression

INFO:  Initialize Flex Support

2/1/2011 12:35:14.678 index.mxml init app

/_c/c/SurveyModule.swf - 161,085 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/15 - 323,748 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/16 - 202,168 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/17 - 1,314,527 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/18 - 797,233 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/19 - 194,680 bytes after decompression

/_c/c/index.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/20 - 261,592 bytes after decompression

I run this from the flash builder 4.0.1, debug mode, the server is

localhost. Those cached SWFs should be reused, but they always got

re-downloaded, so I am quite frustrated.

A hint on how to tackle this problem is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• 6. Re: why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?

How have you proven those files are being loaded over the net and not loaded

from the cache?  Each RSL will still show up in the console as "loading" and

"xxx bytes after decompression", but they should be loading from your cache

and not the network.

• 7. Re: why my custom RSL is loaded everytime?
                      stablizerr Level 1

Hi Flex harUI,

After using Fiddler in both firefox and IE, both remotely and

localhost, I am very happy to see those swf (sdk framework,

third-party, my own custom lib, main app, modules) working as

expected. I was fooled by the rslProgressHandler in the preloader.

Actually the browser does contact the server but it will load swfs

from local cache if the remote version is not modified (code 304).

Another thing confused me is the browser refresh, which behave

differently from open a new tab/browser and hit the target again.

Thanks for your help!