11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 5:30 AM by Steve Grisetti

I have a probelm with Premiere Elements video freeze...

RadioNOfficial

Hi Everyone,

I have this annoying problem, whenever I edit a video with most simple things such as adding a simple transition or even without it...

just cutting the scenes...

when ever I try to run the entire clip I get this annoying freeze that happens during the entire clip...

by freeze I mean that the sound plays while the video freezes for some seconds each scene and so on...

I would appriciate the help on maybe a way to optimize Premiere Elements or the GTX 580...

I'm desperately using both the default settings @ Premiere Elements & @ the GTX 580 card...

this is the system that I run Adobe Premiere Elements on:

Intel I7 CPU 930 @ 2.83GHz.

Win XP SP3 (Don't think I have updated the system, kinda affraid doing so, so I wont get the system F%#$ed up)

6GB of RAM (though XP uses only 3.5GB out of it blah blah...)

GeForce GTX580 (which was recently installed) (Latests Driver) (though couldn't install the HD audio driver, don't really know why do I need it..)

I have both the motherboard sound card & My pro sound card for music editing (which is outside the PC)

I tried working both with the motherboard sound card & My own, had no change with the freeze problem...

I don't run any unnecessary software on that PC, its strickly for Music + Video...

I would really appreciate any help I could get here...

if there is any other info that is required please let me know...

Thanks in advance,

RadioN