1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 9:26 AM by Flex harUI

Calculate accurate datagrid height with variableRowHeight and without any empty row

anshusaini

hi ,

how can i calculate accurate datagrid height with variableRowHeight="true" and without getting any empty row.

Currently i am calculating datagrid height on updateComplete event of datagrid as follows:

public function onUpdateComplete() : void

{

this.datagrid.headerHeight=50;

datagrid.height= datagrid.measureHeightOfItems(0, this.datagrid.dataprovider.length)+this.datagrid.headerHeight;

}

with following datagrid properties:

<mx:DataGrid 

dataProvider="{dataArrayCollection}" width="100%" rowCount="{dataArrayCollection.length}"

id="datagrid" updateComplete="onUpdateComplete()" paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0" paddingTop="0" paddingBottom="0"

fontSize="12" wordWrap="true" variableRowHeight="true" verticalScrollPolicy="off" >

With this approach the issue is, i am getting scrollbar on datagrid's container. I want scrollbar for datagrid instead of its container so that i can have only rows to be scrollable and not the header. Also, if i set verticalScrollPolicy of datagrid as "auto", i get empty rows.

So,is there any way to have datagrid with following properties:

• variable row height

• no empty rows

• word wrap for headers as well as for rows

• Scrollbar for grid i.e. header should remain fix ,only rows should be scrollable

• no horizontal scrollbar

TIA