3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 9:36 AM by yenaphe

Render files to big

steenmikkelsen2 Level 1
      Hello
      I'm using AE cs5

I have created a sequence I Will like to used on a website in MP4 format. I thought that the file gets too big and I can not figure out where in AE settings to get the files smaller.

I use H.264 format
      and Bitrate Encoding . 1Pass -
      Target and maximum bitrate in difference numbers,, but the file is always the same size
      Excute my bad english
        • 1. Re: Render files to big
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

I hope you get better advice as the days progress.

I do not use After Effects for encoding. I render out of After Effects to a stable video format like Animation or DV. Then I take that movie into an encoder application such as Apple Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder, or Sorensen Squeeze.

H.264 can increase your file size if you do not set the parameters properly.

bogiesan

• 2. Re: Render files to big
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What are the exact settings you use? Depending on the resolution, you may never be able to get below a certain data rate. also keep in mind, that also the profile levels do matter, since they dictate the smallest and largest possible block sizes and matrices and thus also hugely influence compression efficiencey. Last not least, have a look at your audio compression. It may considerably contribute to the overall file size...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Render files to big
              yenaphe Level 4

To give us a better idea, what is the length of your video, the resolution, the size you'd like it to be and the size your are actually getting ?

Seb