Since upgrading to Adobe Reader X, I have been unable to view any documents scanned with my Lexmark printer/scanner.
Until now, I have scanned documents to a PDF in the following manner:
- I Press Scan mode on Printer/Scanner
- Printer/Scanner downloads Application List
- I choose "Scan to Acrobat Reader" and press Start to begin
- Printer/Scanner screen says "Scanning to Acrobat Reader" as document scans & "Scanning Completed" when it finishes
- Message box displays on Computer screen that says "adding image"
- ABBYY FineReader 6 Plus progression meter is displayed on Computer screen until document is 100% processed.
- PDF file of the scanned document opens on Computer screen by Acrobat Reader
Since upgrading to Adobe Reader X, everything works the same except the final step. I am unable to view the PDF, and therefore I am unable to save the document. Does anyone know of any settings in Adobe Reader X that I need to adjust so that Adobe could work the same as the earlier version and create a PDF of a scanned document?
Thanks in advance,
I never did get a response to my original post, but I would like to share with others what I did to finally fix the problem.
The problem I described in my original post was with a Lexmark x4580 printer.
I removed Adobe X from my PC and downloaded previous versions of Adobe reader until I found one that worked. It turned out that Adobe Reader 7 worked. I was able to scan a document from my Lexmark x4580 printer and Adobe 7 opened the document on my PC in a PDF.
I hope this info helps out anyone having a similar problem.
Take care and God bless,