2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 9:07 PM by NewbJohn

Display Data from Database

NewbJohn

I am working on a new application that would allow a user to enter information into a database, then later view that information.  I've looked at multiple different contact form examples, but I can't seem to find what I'm trying to do.

I want the user to be able to select the SiteName from the list on the left, and then have the labels on the right update reflecting the associated information from the database.  I can easily make the Site Name column show the SiteName column from the database.  It's getting the labels to the right update to reflect the user's selection I'm having issues with.

I hope I've made this clear enough to understand.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

• 1. Re: Display Data from Database
          Seglespaan Level 1

Hi,

have you looked at amf php? There's a few good tuts on gotoandlearn.com

Essentially wwhat you'd do is create a php class that has various methods that query the DB, then in flex you can call the methods of this class and return the results to flex as an array collection.

Tim

• 2. Re: Display Data from Database
            NewbJohn Level 1

I was intending to deploy this to a mobile platform so I'd like to keep it as "lightweight" as possible. Is there any other suggestion?

I was looking at repeaters, and SQL queries, but I don't know how to force it to tie all back in with the user's choice from the datagrid/drop down/other.

Will watch the rest of the AMFPHP videos tomorrow.