• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text only pop up does not open in html help ouput

Jun 23, 2007 Jun 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello sir,

I added text only pop up windows to my html help project . An error is displayed when I click on the text link in a compiled project this error is "Object deosn't support this property or method" while in webhelp projects text only popup work fine.

deos this mean that I cannot add text only pop up links to my chm files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please
can somebody answer my question before I go on the whole project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2007 Jul 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I do not work much with CHMs or use text popups so I don't know much about any issues surrounding them. I just tested in both CHM and webhelp outputs and they worked fine.

Create a new project and test there. See if that works.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ahlam323 and Peter,

RoboHelp 6 previews my topics with popups ok, when I generate HTML Help or WebHelp the popup does not display with the following error message:
"Error
A Runtime error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?
Line:0
Error: object expected"
No popup can be displayed in that topic, not the old popups or the new ones.
Is my Code corrupted?
Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any IE updates recently that may have changed the settings.

If so, try in Internet Explorer, click on Tools>InternetOptions>Advanced. Make sure "Disable script debugging" is selected and "Display a notification about every script error" is Unselected. Click Apply and then OK.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,
New error is displayed:
"An error has occurred on the script in this page
Line:1
Char:1
Error: object expected"
Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
First of all, let's agree to speak the same language.

OLH DEVELOPER: The links that you provided in the code attachment are not for text-only popup windows, they're links to .htm files for which you've selected "Display in auto-sizing popup" view. For that issue, I'd verify that the OPT_xxx.htm files you're calling are actually two directory levels above this topic.

ahlam323: JavaScript has its own special needs when it comes to syntax, mostly when dealing with unwanted line breaks. This can happen if you try changing how things are indented when adding styles such as "<span class=OptPopup>topic</span>". In addition, you must make sure that you don't remove any of the JavaScript code that RH places inside the <script> portion of the <head> section of your topic.

As to the text-only popup, I just switched the primary layout in a test project to HTML Help, added a popup, viewed it in preview, generated a .chm output, and viewed the popup in the output as well. I'm using RH X5.0.2.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp