2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 6:09 PM by the_wine_snob

PRE 9: multiline title   overlay with a "warp wave" Video effect

TRUE_SEEKER Level 1

I am trying for the following effect: Overlay a photo of a garden that is transmuting from a plane photo to a cartoon image (I have succeeded with this part of the effect) with a title. On separate part of the time line I have created a title that will be a video overlay of the photo & starts out with 0 opacity goes to 100% as "warp wave" Video effect (I have succeeded with this part of the effect) & then straightens out to be normal text --this is the part I can't correctly do.

When I figure out how to do the above I still have to move this sectional piece to overlay the Garden photo, which could be problematic

I will gladly change this method if there is easier way to accomplish the title, which is a multiline overlay to  a photo with a "warp wave" Video effect that straightens out the text.

Has anyone done something similar?

• 1. Re: PRE 9: multiline title   overlay with a "warp wave" Video effect
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you're working in Timeline mode and you're creating your title on Video 2 and your background on Video 1 -- well, you're probably doing it about as efficiently as it can be done.

Although it sounds like you're creating your title effect on a separate timeline? Not sure why you're doing that. It makes much more sense to just put it on a video track above your background.

• 2. Re: PRE 9: multiline title   overlay with a "warp wave" Video effect
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            Although it sounds like you're creating your title effect on a separate timeline? Not sure why you're doing that. It makes much more sense to just put it on a video track above your background.

If the Title is in a different Project, then Exporting/Sharing with Transparency must be considered. A Title in PrE will have Transparency, but one must take that into consideration, when doing the Export/Share, for use in other Projects. This is where the Millions of Colors + comes in, with many formats/CODEC's. The + is the Alpha Channel, and will be needed for Transparency.

Good luck,

Hunt