3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 3:55 AM by nealeh

Stop Motion video

jimomax

i have premier elements 8, made a video with many pictures, how do you put them together to make a stop motion video?

• 1. Re: Stop Motion video
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, ensure your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per my books and the FAQs to the right of this forum.

Then open a new project. Go to Edit/Preferences and set your Still Photo Duration to however long you'd like each photo to appear.

Then just Get Media to bring the photos into your project and put the photos on your timeline in the order you'd like them to appear.

If you have your photos set up in alpha-numeric order, you can grab them all at once out of the Project media panel and they'll appear on the timeline in order.

• 2. Re: Stop Motion video
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Steve has given you the necessary instructions. I usually use a Duration of ~ 3 Frames, and then shorten my Video Transitions to about 2 - 4 Frames, depending on exactly what my Still Duration has been set to. The subject matter, and the frequency of the time lapse images, might dictate more, or even less.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Stop Motion video
              nealeh Level 5

This discussion also addresses the topic: Re: stop motion primer? (stupid newbie question)

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children