2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 5:16 AM by DaranR

Using iGPU and Quick Sync on Core i5-2500K with Premiere Elements

DaranR

Hi,

I've downloaded the prototype plugin from Intel for Premiere Elements to make use of the iGPU built into the new 2500K Intel chip and has successfully following the install instructions.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/adobe-premiere-propremiere-elements-encoder-plug- in-using-intel-media-sdk-and-intel-quick-sync-video-technology/

The problem is, I don't know how to prove that it is working - i.e. how do I show that quick sync is working?

Sorry if it's a stoooopid question.

Daran.

• 1. Re: Using iGPU and Quick Sync on Core i5-2500K with Premiere Elements
          nealeh Level 5

From the description on the page you linked to you select the plug-in as an encoder when Sharing. If you select it and successfully create a Share then it must be working.

For Adobe Premiere Elements: The new encoder is exposed via the "Share" tab, by selecting “Personal Computer” then “Others – Third Party Plug-ins”. The encoding parameters can be explored and modified by clicking on the “Advanced…” button. After installing the plug-in (see below) only one encoder preset is available. The user can create their own presets by modifying default preset and then saving new preset.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Using iGPU and Quick Sync on Core i5-2500K with Premiere Elements
            DaranR Level 1

Hi Neale,

yep - I got that far... but how do I monitor what the App and CPU are actually doing - i.e. how do I prove it is being done via quicksync?