6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 9:15 PM by TrixieInsc

Adobe Camera Raw and Elements 9 new user

TrixieInsc

I hope someone out there can help me out because Adobe can't so far.  I have a Mac OXX 10.5.8, new user to Elements 9.  Bought PSE9 and there is no Adobe Camera Raw with the installation.  Support told me I need to download ACR 6.3.  Went to website for Adobe and tried to download update to no avail.  Emailed back and forth to Adobe support, no help.  So now, I am stalled, any ideas?

• 1. Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Elements 9 new user
          Yammer Level 4

TrixieInsc wrote:

Went to website for Adobe and tried to download update to no avail.

What does that mean? You couldn't find it, could't download it, couldn't install it, or none of the above?

Camera Raw for Mac

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Macintosh

Camera Raw for Windows

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

• 2. Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Elements 9 new user
            Noel Carboni Level 7
            function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

TrixieInsc wrote:

Emailed back and forth to Adobe support, no help.

Thanks to Yammer P. for providing the download links.  Assuming these are what you need, are you saying Adobe support didn't even provide these?

Adobe, are you listening to this?  Do you really think contracting your support out to India is working if the support personnel can't even provide basic links to your own software update web pages?

-Noel

• 3. Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Elements 9 new user
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

Noel Carboni wrote:

Adobe, are you listening to this?

Prolly not since this is a User to User forum and the few Adobe people who come here are engineers...so it's really not the venue for these sort of comments since it's essentially useless ranting. The user got helped by the User to User forum...which is this forum's function.

• 4. Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Elements 9 new user
                Noel Carboni Level 7

Hey, there's always the chance someone who makes decisions might look in here.  Frankly, if they're not they're not earning their pay.

-Noel

• 5. Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Elements 9 new user
                  MTSTUNER Level 6

Elements 9 ships with a  camera raw plugin, 6.1 i think, but anyway

were you not able to open your camera raw files?

If you told support what camera you had, that may be why they said you needed

to update to 6.3

If you start the photoshop elements 9 editor (not the organizer) and go to

Help>Updates, the 6.3 camera update should download and install.

MTSTUNER

• 6. Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Elements 9 new user
                    TrixieInsc Level 1

Hello my friends and thanks for all your help.

No, there was no ACR with my PSE9.  I double checked that on the plug in once I found that drop down.  I spent hours and I mean hours trying to get this figured out via email with Adobe.  I had gone to the website and downloaded ACR 6.2 but when I installed it, I got an error.  I did this a few times.  Well, today I actually took off work to call Adobe support.  Yes, they are in India, Yes I had much difficulty getting to the right person; a couple of hang up and a lot of static later, I was talking with someone on the other side of the world and while he was difficult to understand, we both tried to make a go of it.  I am glad we did.

Here is what happened.....He took a look at the error on installlation that I received and had me look in a lot of different areas on the computer.  Being a new user to PSE 9 and ACR, I had not used the software previously....hey, we all have to start somewhere?!  Well, he was baffled and finally took a look at the PlugIn for ACR and low and behold, there it was.  Apparently upon one of my download attempts, I actually added the plug in and there it was.  I don't know why he didn't start there.....I can't imagine I was the first one to have done this. 

It is funny because that is one of the first places I went when I was trying to find the plugin and there was no version listed.  Now I have ACR 6.3 and will start loading my Raw images.

Whew, that only took a week.  Happy downloading