6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 8:19 PM by Atishay Jain

How to insert and modify word art in flex

Atishay Jain

Is that possible to insert word art styles like bottom arc text or upper curve text styles fonts in flex.

I have the code to make text curve in flex but i need to make the actual output text to be fixed either in some style like in this image.

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-3442958-56562/140-72/bottom+arc.jpg

Please let me know any solution i need it for my assignment... pleaseeeee

• 1. Re: How to insert and modify word art in flex
          pauland Level 4

Atishay Jain wrote:

Is that possible to insert word art styles like bottom arc text or upper curve text styles fonts in flex.

I have the code to make text curve in flex but i need to make the actual output text to be fixed either in some style like in this image.

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-3442958-56562/140-72/bottom+arc.jpg

Please let me know any solution i need it for my assignment... pleaseeeee

Atishay, you have already asked this question - starting multiple threads because you don't get the answer you want isn't a good idea.

There is a reason for students to be given assignments - so they learn how to do things and their problem solving capability is measured, so you need to put some work in yourself as well as not expecting others to come up with your assignment solution.

I'm glad I don't have this particular assignment. I know my tutors would appreciate the effort of trying to solve the problem and didn't always expect the project to be perfect. They would be furious if this kind of solution canvassing took place.

• 2. Re: How to insert and modify word art in flex
            Rohit Tailor_07

No solution right now dude. I also need it in one project.

Once done i'll let you know about it.

• 3. Re: How to insert and modify word art in flex
              Atishay Jain Level 1

Sir i am fad up with my assignment and its been a week to get solved i need that solution so i have posted this thread again there is no reason for spamming here at adobe forum.

I was in some problem so that i posted.

If you don't have solution then there is no reason to be glad.

• 4. Re: How to insert and modify word art in flex
                pauland Level 4

It's probably doable by rasterising a text component and using an image filter to curve the base. I don't think it's easy to do and judging by the people asking the same question over several years without success, you will struggle to get a ready-made solution. You would be better off looking for a flash based solution than trying Flex.

Either way, it's not necessary to start multiple threads or not to try yourself. The assignment is more about you trying to solve the problem not copying someone elses solution.

• 5. Re: How to insert and modify word art in flex
                  pauland Level 4

My best suggestion is to go and speak with your tutor. Explain your approaches to the problem and where you have run into difficullty. Most tutors  will suggest a path for you to investigate or follow - after all they aren't giving you a problem they don't think you can do. They know the best way forward. The tutors want you to be able to tackle problems yourself and provided you show effort and understanding they will be helpful.

• 6. Re: How to insert and modify word art in flex
                    Atishay Jain Level 1

Thanks you sir you are right My tutor has told me the same to find this solution in flash rather then flex.

Thanks a lot for your kind advises.