Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVRCast on Flash Media Development Server

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is DVRCast appliction working on Flash Media Development Server?

I am using Flash Media Development Server 4, Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2, and http://www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp/

I've installed DVRCast tool on the server, I am also streaming with the checkbox DVR Auto Record turn on, on my streaming computer.

However when I configure the player from OSMF, I can only see a LIVE stream, but the DVR functionality is not working. Once I turn the DVR stream checkbox on ADVANCED on OSMF, it cannot find the stream.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is any issue with DVRCast appliction on FMDS. Probably its more of OSMF issue than FMS issue. You can check with default DVRPlayer which comes with DVRCast - if that is working than it would OSMF end issue - you can also post on OSMF forum for resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get it to work on Amazon as well.

I subscribed for the public AMI. I copied DVRCast 1.2 to /mnt/applications/ and am able to stream live to the application.

I checked via http://www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp and I can see the stream if I say it is LIVE, but not DVR.

As you suggested I tried dvr_client_test which comes with DVRCast. However I can't get it to work there as well.

I manage to connect to the server, but when I type the stream name, it says:

Flash Player Version: LNX 10,2,152,21

NetConnection: NetConnection.Connect.Success

Creating Stream

dvrError

Creating Stream

Handle DVR Result Called

RollingWindow (sec): -60

NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound

NetStream.Play.Stop

I tried with both "raw:livestream" , and just "livestream".

I am streaming with Adobe FMLE 3.2 with "DVR Auto Record" checkbox turned on.

Any other ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the stream is not saved on server side. Any ideas why is this happening?

I can't find the /mnt/application/dvrcast_origin/*/streams/ folder at all. Apparently nothing is saved, therefore the players return errors "Stream not found".

Is there any special configuration where I should tell FMS to save the streams. I read that this should be done by default.

Thanks,

Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't know that I am supposed to manually start RECORDING the stream using DVRControlSync.swf

Now that I started recording, everything works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines