3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 8:11 AM by kglad

flash audio question

inquestflash Level 1

hello forumers.

id like to know if there is a way that flash can work out automaticly,when i import an audio(mp3 avi etc etc)in the time line upto what frame the audio ends

for example when i place my audio in my layer,i have to draggggggg it upto where it ends.so id lik eto know if there is a command that flash does it for us.

if i import an audio which is 3minutes long(lets say as song)do i have to do the math upto where the time line should be extended?

or can i make flash find where the endnig frame of the audio is for the  3:00 minute duration.

thank you.

• 1. Re: flash audio question
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

i assume you're attaching your sound to a timeline, correct?   and i assume you're assigning the sync method to stream, correct?

if no to either, you don't need to extend the timeline.  if yes, to both you need to extend the timeline.  flash will show you where the sound ends by displaying a graphic representation of the sound in each frame.  when that graphic ends, the sound ends.

• 2. Re: flash audio question
            inquestflash Level 1

hello kglad

so correct.about not incuding the sync:stream,it plays by its self.but i see various tutorials saying that streaming is for better performance,is that true in your opinion?

• 3. Re: flash audio question
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

the choice is not directly performance-based (though it is related to performance but not in the way you might think). you won't get better performance using one vs the other sync property.

you should use streaming when you want the timeline and the sound to stay in sync.  this is key for some sound/animations like an animation of a person speaking and the sound is an audio of their voice.

if you use event sync'g, the sound will play from start to end whenever the keyframe that starts the sound is played no matter what the timeline does.  for example, if you stop() the timeline, the animation will stop but the sound will continue.

1 person found this helpful