5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 12:41 PM by Colin Brougham

MTS file pointer problem - plays wrong clip in PP (?)

EckleySP Level 1

OK - this is different.

I have a number of AVCCAM files taken with a Panasonic AG-HMC150 camera - one I've been using for over a year.  The clips are stored in their unique directory structure with the usual names of 00000.MTS and 00001.MTS, 00002.MTS, etc.   My Media Player can play the raw clips and it does so 'nicely'.  However, when I drag or otherwise import clip 00001.MTS into Premiere Pro, and play it in the monitor, what I see is the video that is the clip 00000.MTS.   I can pull 00000.MTS into Premiere and it show what I expect to see - but with both files in Premiere, it is like I have a duplicate of the first file - even though they are named differently and - one would think - point to different files in the same folder.

I use a card reader to copy the files from the SD card to the hard drive - something I've been doing for over a year.  As near as I can remember, I've done nothing differently with these files.  I know I can copy them again into another folder, but I think I have since reused that SD Card (formatted it), so those clips are only on the PC.

Any ideas?