3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 12:59 PM by the_wine_snob

NOISE REDUCTION FROM BACKGROUND TRAFFIC

LACOLOMBIANA131313

Hi, i'm having trouble with adjusting the audio in my video. I filmed a short 12 minute video of a couple right by the George Washington Bridge but i can't seem to reduce the annoying sound of the traffic. I've tried using the "DeNoiser" but it doesnt help. I've also tried customizing the DeNoiser settings but it still doesnt work. How do i adjust the contstant annoying background noise without jeapordizing the human voices? I'm new to Premiere Elements 8 so any help would be greatly apreciated. Thank you!

Lillian.

• 1. Re: NOISE REDUCTION FROM BACKGROUND TRAFFIC
          nealeh Level 5

I've struggled with PRE in removing a variety of sound issues (e.g. removing the echo that arises from filming in big halls).

At the moment I'm trialling a Magix product called "Magix Video Sound Cleaning Lab" that has a variety of automated corrections for video sound problems (e.g. wind noise, tape whirr ...) to see if that fits in with my workflow. It looks promising as you can load an entire video file, edit the audio and then export without re-encoding the video. It has a thirty day trial (seven days when you start, but they will send you a code to extend the trial to thirty) so you could try that out.

Essentially it takes most of the audio features from their Audio Cleaning Lab product (that I've been impressed with over the years and am now on my third version) and adds some new video features. My only concern is that it is at Version 1, released July 2010, and it's been hard to find objective reviews of the product.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: NOISE REDUCTION FROM BACKGROUND TRAFFIC
            the_wine_snob Level 9

[Double Post - sorry]

Hunt

• 3. Re: NOISE REDUCTION FROM BACKGROUND TRAFFIC
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Lillian,

Removing background noise can be very tough, and can require a lot of listening, tweaking and even some luck. This ARTICLE gives some tips and suggestions (one of which appears in Neale's post above), on how best to tackle it.

Good luck,

Hunt