4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2011 10:16 AM by Jim_Simon

sequences???

liquidmonkey1 Level 1

i'm making a few videos in a series and instead of making a new project each time, i'm wondering if its 'correct form' to use a new sequence instead?

that would allow me to have various tabs open (which is something i was looking for before).

and why is it that if i copy one part from sequence1 to sequence2 and make changes in s2, the changes then also happen in s1 very annoying.

how can i get around that?

thanks!!

• 1. Re: sequences???
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Use whatever work flow is easiest.

Changes to individual clips in one sequence are not reflected in any other.  Changes to titles, images, nested sequences, AE Comps, etc. are reflected in all, as they should be.

• 2. Re: sequences???
            liquidmonkey1 Level 1

i'm down with the clips not changing but why do the titles change?

how can i copy a title but then not have it change between sequences? and when you say 'as it should be', that tells me i'm missing a lot on how sequences should work can u fill me in or point me in the right direction? hard to find a tutorial only on sequences.

thanks

• 3. Re: sequences???
              Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you open a title in the timeline, it opens the actual title, not just that instance of the title in the timeline.  To keep the title in the previous sequence intact, you must create a new title (open the title, click new title based on current title) then change that.

• 4. Re: sequences???
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                hard to find a tutorial only on sequences.

Try the included Help file.  All this information is there.