3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 4:14 PM by [Jongware]-9BC6tI

Getting the page number were my ads are placed

kc2scy

Hello,

I have a 100 page book that have about 3 ads on everypage. I would like to right a script the loops through the pages and collect up what ads are on what page.

Does any have a sample of a operation like this. I not asking for anyone to write this for me just a place to start.

any help would be great

Mike

• 1. Re: Getting the page number were my ads are placed
          [Jongware]-9BC6tI Level 4

How do you define "ad"? What is it -- typed text with a heading "(advertisement)", placed files? Are all of your placed files ads?

• 2. Re: Getting the page number were my ads are placed
            kc2scy Level 1

Sorry,

ad is a advertisements that is a EPS ,PDF images

If you look at a magazine or a newspaper. It’s the advertisements on the page.

at this point in the process the answer would be yes that all items on the pages are advertisements

• 3. Re: Getting the page number were my ads are placed
              [Jongware]-9BC6tI Level 4
              at this point in the process the answer would be yes that all items on the pages are advertisements

Well, yeah, but how do you discern a regular page (which might contain "regular" images as well as text, I presume) from one with advertisements? Is it perhaps true that "all pages containing only placed images -- and no other item at all -- is a page with adverts"? That is, if I check all items on any page and find anything else than an image, say, a text frame, or a line, or a rectangle frame, it's not an advert page?

What I'm angling for is how would you decide what placed files are adverts, and what are not. Once that can be decided, it's really easy to output the linked file names (and nothing more), followed by the page number.