7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2011 2:32 PM by friedfish3123846784

After effects keeps crashing

friedfish3123846784

whenever i try to export a video in After Effects cs5 it will start to export it then at "x" number of frames it will stop and give me the error message After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in Vector Output. it will always happen around the same time can someone please tell me how to fix this problam, thanks

• 1. Re: After effects keeps crashing
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in Vector Output

I've never heard of that plug-in. Where did it come from?

Have you installed the After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) update?

What operating system? What kind(s) of source footage? Has this ever worked before? What other software are you running? What third-party effects or codecs are installed or in use? Tell us about your computer hardware.

• 2. Re: After effects keeps crashing
            friedfish3123846784 Level 1

im on windows 7 I have not put in any plug-ins(thats why i dont get why this is hapaning) only one or two effects and i used the wiggle effect. i got the footage from xfire and i never installed a plugin called vector output or anyother plugin for that matter, when i got this software it came straight from this site and when it was finished it told me that one or more of the plugins were missing

• 3. Re: After effects keeps crashing
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> i got the footage from xfire

I don't know what that means.

Tell me what kind of source footage it is.

> only one or two effects and i used the wiggle effect

Which effects are you using?

There is no "wiggle effect". Do you mean a wiggle expression?

> when i got this software it came straight from this site and when it was finished it told me that one or more of the plugins were missing

I don't understand. What software? What site? When what was finished?

• 4. Re: After effects keeps crashing

ok i used the wiggle expression i said i got it from this site as in i downloaded it straight from adobe.com and the software is adobe after effects cs5. and when it finished downloading and i installed it i ran after effects when it was starting it told me that one or more of the plug ins were missing

• 5. Re: After effects keeps crashing
                  TimeRemapper Level 4

Are you using the trial version?

• 6. Re: After effects keeps crashing
                    Dave LaRonde Level 6

friedfish3123846784 wrote:

ok i used the wiggle expression i said i got it from this site as in i downloaded it straight from adobe.com and the software is adobe after effects cs5. and when it finished downloading and i installed it i ran after effects when it was starting it told me that one or more of the plug ins were missing

That's nice.  Now how 'bout you get a grip and try answering the rest of Todd's questions, too?

"igothefootagefromxwire"  is a pretty darned lame answer: go find out what the codec of the footage is, okay?

Then you might also consider answering Todd's question about having the AE 10 update -- giving a straight answer isn't exactly brain surgery, y'know.

And I believe he also asked for clarification on your "a couple of effects" comment, and you chose to ignore it.

Do you think the guy asks these particular questions for his health, or something?

Or could it be possible that he has a REASON for asking them and that you, as one who comes here asking for help, ought to give complete answers?

What's the matter: are you actually trying to make the diagnostic process tougher for everybody?

And since it sounds like you're just farting around in AE with no real clue about how to do things, I heartily recommend that before you go any further on your AE journey, go here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.html

• 7. Re: After effects keeps crashing

ok i will admit im not so good with all of the computer stuf but i never said anything about a program called "xwire" never even hear of it and your like 40 years old and your being a troll its a forum to help people not be mean, its sad when thats all you have to do is go on forums and tell people how wrong they are go try to get a girl or something  but thats probaly why you are sitting in front of your computer trolling and im sorry i have to update maybe you should learn sometihng about the programs because if you could give answers you probaly would but instead you are being a troll and wondering why you do anything