Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Not Activated

Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to read a download book from the local library.  It seems to be on the Nook with the book title, but with "author unknow".  When I try and open the book, my nook says "user not activated".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that problem, when I authorized my Nook with one Adobe ID and tried to authorize

with a different Adobe ID. I had to de-authorize the device; my computer; uninstall ADE; clean out the folders on my Nook

that ADE uses; re-install ADE and re-authorize. Then it worked,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem...I hope I can figure out how to deactivate everything to reactivate it all again...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you able to figure out how to reactivate everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! Library book downloaded! Woo-hoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only actually had to get to my computer's Nook files & get rid of the 2 Adobe things - then I reconnected and everything worked just fine.  Didn't need to uninstall ADE or (obviously) reinstall it.  Many, many, many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. Has anyone tried the uninstall and then reinstall? I have only loaded both this Adobe and my Nook to one computer. Grrr... What do you do with the library books that are already on Adobe? Does anyone know if you lose access to those when you to the reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2011 Apr 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to deauthorize my device, nor my computer; nor do I have an "authorize device" option, even though ADE does show my Nook when I connect it to the computer. This is really a drag!

I was able to use a workaround, using Calibre plus a plugin to strip the DRM from the file and import it into my Nook that way, but it's certainly not the clean, smooth solution I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link really helped me! Hope it helps you, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrr... the link didn't post. Let me try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man I hate Adobe!!

I'll manually type the link.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Using-Adobe-Digital-Editions-ADE-Library-Books-and-Vendors-other/m-p/576293/highlight/true#M17191

Hope this works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it 'Adobe' that's causing incorrect copying of a link, or could it be the

way you do it? I have problems doing URL copying because I forget that I

have to highlight the address bar, then use the keyboard commands for

copying instead of trying to drop down the Edit box.... CTL + C will copy

the link, and CTL + V will paste it. I'll remember this someday - I

hope....

============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines