• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot execute unit tests in Flex library project

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that right-clicking my Flex library project, and selecting "Execute FlexUnit Tests" fails with a popup alert titled "Adobe Flash Player Not Found", saying "Flash Builder cannot locate the required version of ADobe Flash Player. ..."

How do I fix this? I just reinstalled the latest FP 10.1 debug version, but didnt help. I am using FB 4.0.1. All this happens on Win7.

My library project is set to work with SDK 3.5, and the minimum FP version required for that SDK (which I guess is FP9)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I regard unit testing as a pretty important feature, I would welcome Adobe's feedback in this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That code seems to launch the standalone flash player.

Can you check if you have .swf files associated with a standlone FlashPlayer executable? On Vista/Win7, if you do Run as Administrator for standalone player, it will automatically associate with .swf files.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for getting back to me.

I just went to the controls panel (under Systemsteuerung\Programme\Standardprogramme\Dateizuordnungen festlegen, sorry, German) I can see:

Name: .swf

Description: Shockwave Flash Object

Application: Unknown application

Also, double clicking a swf file prompts me with a dialog saying Windows can't openit  since it doesn't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click a SWF file, choose "Select a program from a list of installed programs", hit OK, click on Browse, point to FBinstalldir/player/win/10.1/FlashPlayerDebugger.exe. Make sure "Always use the selected program to open this type of file" is checked, hit OK.

That should fix the problem.

P.S: In the upcoming version, we've made this smoother. It does not rely on SWF extension being associated anymore, just picks up the player from the Flash Builder installation directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry, doesn't fix it. I have assigned the file association, so everytime I double-click an SWF, it launches the debugger flash player found in FB install.

Also have restarted FB and tried several times. Same popup message.

Did you notice that this happens in a library project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue.

Flex Library Applicaiton, executing FlexUnit tests fail for the same reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note... It works on OS/X, but not on Windows7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines