4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2007 2:40 PM by Newsgroup_User

Projector freezes on 'Quit'

Dsotm
      I have a projector containing 2 movies 'Viewer' and 'Creator'
      Viewer has a Quit button which if used without going into the Creator movie works fine. The problem comes if the user goes into the Creator from Viewer, creates and saves a new user cast, goes back to Viewer and clicks the Quit button
      At this point if compiled with Director 9.0 it closes the projector
      If compiled with 10.1 it freezes the projector and Ctl+Alt+Del is needed to close it down.

I have tried making it quit to a new small projector with a quit command on the timeline but it still does not work.

I think that 10.1 is not clearing all globals and objects before trying to quit and this causes the crash.

Is there a command I can use to globally clear everything before sending it to a quit frame?

Brian
        • 1. Re: Projector freezes on 'Quit'
          James Newton, ACP Level 3
          How do you go to the Creator movie? Do you use the "go" command or the "play" command?
          • 2. Projector freezes on 'Quit'
            Dsotm Level 1
            I am using the 'Play Movie X' behaviour from the library in both directions
            • 3. Re: Projector freezes on 'Quit'
              Dsotm Level 1
              I have now tried using the 'go' command as well as the 'play' and it crashes every time in 10.1 but not 9.0. As I am using the projector to call some 500 Flash 8 slides, going back to 9.0 will mean re-publishing all the slides. Anyone got any ideas?

BRian
              • 4. Re: Projector freezes on 'Quit'
                Level 7
                I've run into mysterious crashes on quit. One work around is to jump to a
                blank frame in the score with a "quit" in the fon exitFrame in the frame
                script. This will help make sure there isn't something in a behavior trying
                to execute. It can also show the background of your existing screen, just
                make sure there's no sprites with behaviors in that frame.

Timm

"Dsotm" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:f5l6ju$nj7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >I have now tried using the 'go' command as well as the 'play' and it
                >crashes
                > every time in 10.1 but not 9.0. As I am using the projector to call some
                > 500
                > Flash 8 slides, going back to 9.0 will mean re-publishing all the slides.
                > Anyone got any ideas?
                >
                > BRian
                >