1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2011 6:08 AM by nimazz

How to export as PDF with Duotone?

nimazz

Hi,

In my indesign script, I am trying to export the indd as PDF while reserving the duotone.

When I tried with Adobe Indesign. (File -> export with default settings) it worked fine. I checked with the “output preview” in acrobat reader pro. It works fine.

But when I tried to do it in indesign scripting as give below. I don’t get the duotone preserved. When I monitor with “output preview” it’s CMYK.

Any advice will be helpful.

with(app.pdfExportPreferences)
              {
                  bleedBottom = myDocument.documentPreferences.documentBleedBottomOffset+5;
                  bleedTop = myDocument.documentPreferences.documentBleedTopOffset+5;
                  bleedInside = myDocument.documentPreferences.documentBleedInsideOrLeftOffset+5;
                  bleedOutside = myDocument.documentPreferences.documentBleedOutsideOrRightOffset+5;
                  cropMarks = true;
                  registrationMarks = true;
                  acrobatCompatibility=AcrobatCompatibility.acrobat4

}
              //myDocument.exportFile(ExportFormat.pdfType, new File(filename+".pdf"));
              myDocument.exportFile(ExportFormat.pdfType, new File("/c/duotone.pdf"));

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to export as PDF with Duotone?
          nimazz Level 1

Hi,

I found the solution to this. I make the below changes and it worked. If you find the same issue with duotone, try this out.

with(app.pdfExportPreferences)
                  {
                      bleedBottom = myDocument.documentPreferences.documentBleedBottomOffset+5;
                      bleedTop = myDocument.documentPreferences.documentBleedTopOffset+5;
                      cropMarks = true;
                      registrationMarks = true;

includeICCProfiles = false;

acrobatCompatibility=AcrobatCompatibility.acrobat6

standardsCompliance = PDFXStandards.pdfx42007Standard;

}

Hope someone will find this helpful.

Regards