Thanks for the speedy reply.
I have rebooted my system to no effect. I also am able to work on sample projects (adding and removing content, modifying topics, saving, generating output, etc) without any issue.
I tried the items you talked about on your Opening Projects page that I hadn't already tried. I even tried deleting the HHP file and using the HHP file to generate a new one in the hopes I might luck out but it also hung. It did create a new XPJ file that would open but all the content was missing (I could see the table of contents but the links were all x'd out because the page they were pointing to wasn't being loaded).
One thing I have noticed is that most (though not all) of the times I try to load the project and it hangs it hangs out "Loading topic files" (other times it hangs without any text indicating what it is doing).
Err, how do you delete the HHP file and then use it to open the project?
Where is the project on your local drive?
I am fearing your various deletions may mean you have to build a new project. Do you have a backup?
Post back on Monday where you have got to and we'll take it from there.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Oh, I meant to say I used the HHP file builder to rebuild the HHP file after deleting it.
The project is in the default location (Documents -> My RoboHelp Projects).
Before I started playing with all the file deletions and changes I made a back-up (which I restored from each attempt).
The project was fairly small so I ended up just opening the HTML file in Firefox and then copying and pasting that into a new RoboHelp project so I could resume working (My first phase of the project must be complete by end of day Monday so at this point I figured it was easier to just re-do the topics, TOC and the like).