2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2011 10:53 AM by the_wine_snob

Premier Elements 4.0

Vaguehippo

Hello

I am running Adobe Premier Elements 4 on Vista home premium. I have made several videos but recently made a video about driving. I wish to 'mask' or 'cover' the number plates of the vehicles in the videos so that they are not identifiable. Can anyone tell me if this is possible with this version of Premier and if it is possible can you also say how it is done. If it is not possible with this version of premier can i download an update or a patch or an add-on to make this possible. If none of the above is possible with this version which version of premier will i need in order to cover the number plates of vehicles. Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 4.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Blurring faces or other elements of a video is usually a function of the Track Matte.

I cover how to do it step-by-step in my book "Cool Tricks & Hot Tips for Adobe Premiere Elements", available on Amazon.com and at Muvipix.com.

The sample chapter you'll find on the Muvipix products page will show you how to do the effect. If you like it, you might want to consider picking up a copy of the book and learning 49 other cool tricks!

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 4.0
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Steve on all counts. There WAS a neat tutorial on Curt Wrigley's site, but he recently took that down. While the actual tutorial was done in Pr (the old, full version) 6.0, but other than a few different "looks" on the interface, covered the steps necessary.

Now, Steve's materials is the best that I have seen, and also has the benefit of being FOR PrE, and not an older version of the program, that became PrPro.

Track Matte Keying is easy, once one gets the "concepts" down, and is so very useful for doing other things, like THIS. It is a very useful, and powerful tool, and has so many applications - once the concept has been grasped, one is only limited by their imagination.

Good luck,

Hunt