1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2011 4:49 PM by John T Smith

Video clips not rendering / flickering black! PLEASE HELP!!

StoneIXM

I have searched everywhere for a solution to this problem and can't find one.

I have a 10 minute long presentation with lots of still images and video clips all combined together with transitions and background audio.

Randomly, a few of the clips in the middle will not render! I get a black screen with audio. Even stranger, when I preview the movie within Premiere, sometimes it will play fine, sometimes it will flicker between having the video and being black, and sometimes it will be completely black like it's render.

I updated CS5 to the latest version, updated computer, applied latest codecs,. can't imagine what this could be. Why one particular clip? They where all shot with the same camera and are all similar. I have tried deleting the scene and re-building it, and I still have the same problem. I checked the effect controls and verified the opacity is at 100% the whole duration of the clip.

Does anyone have any clue what this could be?!

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate X64, Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 GHZ, 8GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 5700 /w 1GB VRAM + 3GB Shared, Sony Bravia EX7 40" LED LCD & LG 23" LED LCD.

Thanks in advance for any help, I really need to finish this project!

EDIT: Now all of a sudden it has forgotten where all of it's images are. I have closed and re-opened this project probably 50 times with no problem. *sigh* What is wrong with this software???

Oh never mind, it lost the images because I imported them from Internet Explorer's cache, and the cache got cleared apparently.

I am still having the problem of video clips going black though.. :( *tears*