This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Hi Carenb and welcome to the RH community. Although you don't specifically say it does sound like you are continuing to output winhelp. Can I ask why? It would be wise to think about converting to another format (e.g. HTML Help or WebHelp) in order to keep up with recent Microsoft announcements. Anyway, RH Classic 2000 was a very different product than RHX6. For a start it uses a completely different set of project files (.HPJ are now .XPJ) which I think explains the error message you are getting. If you want to continue using winhelp I suspect you may have to rebuild your map files. If you migrate to another help format you can concert your existing project by creating a new project in RoboHelp HTML and importing your .HLP file or word documents.
Hi Colum, thanks for your response. Yes, I am continuing to output Winhelp but in the short term only. Longer term we are most likely moving to HTML Help. While we develop and test the HTML help we still need to be able to update our existing help for upcoming software releases. My intention was to move everything into Robohelp 6 on the Winhelp platform (as I thought this would just be a simple process using the wizard) and then move on from there, but we may have to rethink that now.
You mentioned rebulding the map files. Can you give me any pointers on what I would need to do? Thanks, Caren
Well it's been awhile since I worked in Winhelp but if I remember rightly there is a MapId sub folder in your Project folder. You can create a map file by right clicking on this folder and then create mapids mapped to the required topics in the same way. You could try looking through the help which would have a more detailed description than my rather flakey memory.
Hi Colum, thanks for taking the time to reply back.
So far I've been manually maintaining the map files outside of Robohelp, using Notepad (.txt files). These map files were already created by the previous author and I've just been updating them as needed. After reading your post I removed the map files from the project, and the "Invalid #include syntax" message disappeared when I compiled. This seems strange, but it seems to confirm your hunch that the maps might need rebuilding.