3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 5:13 AM by BobLevine RSS

Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4

Hi,

I have Windows XP, sp3.  CS3 has been on my laptop for years.  I started to work with a new company that put CS4 on my main computer, and I think you can put the same unit on a laptop also, no?  I would like to enter the CS4 serial number to upgrade but I can't find a place to do it.  Please tell me how to upgrade to CS4; I don't want CS5 yet.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4
          BobLevine UGM

Huh? Sorry, but that's totally unclear.

What exactly are you trying to do? You can't turn CS3 into CS4 and you'll be hard pressed to buy a legitimate copy of CS4.

Bob

• 2. Re: Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4
            180653 Community Member

Hi,

Sorry if it was unclear, I'll try to explain better.

I have CS3 (legitimately) on my laptop.

I started working at a company that installed CS4 on my desktop computer.

I understand that I can install an Adobe product on both a desktop and a

laptop.

Can't I put the serial number into my existing CS3 to upgrade to CS4 or do I

really have to install the disks? 

I'm worried that I'll have to remove CS3 before installing CS4 and I don't

want to do that in case something goes wrong, then I'll have nothing.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4
              BobLevine UGM

You'd need the installation disks and the serial number.

However, if the company has a volume license you would not be able to do this. Installing on two machines is for single licenses only.

Bob