3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 5:13 AM by BobLevine RSS

Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4

Hi,

I have Windows XP, sp3.  CS3 has been on my laptop for years.  I started to work with a new company that put CS4 on my main computer, and I think you can put the same unit on a laptop also, no?  I would like to enter the CS4 serial number to upgrade but I can't find a place to do it.  Please tell me how to upgrade to CS4; I don't want CS5 yet.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4
          BobLevine UGM-MVPs

Huh? Sorry, but that's totally unclear.

What exactly are you trying to do? You can't turn CS3 into CS4 and you'll be hard pressed to buy a legitimate copy of CS4.

Bob

• 2. Re: Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4
            180653 Community Member

Hi,

Sorry if it was unclear, I'll try to explain better.

I have CS3 (legitimately) on my laptop.

I started working at a company that installed CS4 on my desktop computer.

I understand that I can install an Adobe product on both a desktop and a

laptop.

Can't I put the serial number into my existing CS3 to upgrade to CS4 or do I

really have to install the disks? 

I'm worried that I'll have to remove CS3 before installing CS4 and I don't

want to do that in case something goes wrong, then I'll have nothing.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Can't find where to upgrade CS3 to CS4
              BobLevine UGM-MVPs

You'd need the installation disks and the serial number.

However, if the company has a volume license you would not be able to do this. Installing on two machines is for single licenses only.

Bob