9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 1:53 PM by SanAntonio Kid

ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE

SanAntonio Kid

After being away for a year I am now creating slide shows again.  I have just reloaded Premiere Elements 8.0 on my machine.  I created slide shows on Elements 8.0.  They will not export to PE either by "Burn to Disc" or "Edit in PE".  Suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong or have not done?

• 1. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE
          nealeh Level 5

I'm assuming, from your reference to 'Edit in PE', that your slideshow is in Photoshop Elements and you want to edit them with Premiere Elements. If this i correct try reinstalling Photoshop Elements to see if that re-establishes the link.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, have you sized all of your photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per the FAQs to the right of this forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=0

• 3. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE
              the_wine_snob Level 9

It sounds like you have PhotoshopElements 8.0. What version of PremiereElements are you also running, version 8.0?

If so, have you updated PrE to 8.0.1?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE

I've also got a very basic question for the poster.

Which method are you using to create a slideshow? There are at least four ways to do it?

If you are creating your slideshow in the Organizer, there is a Send to Premiere Elements option that will send the Organizer's slideshow directly to a Premiere Elements project.

• 5. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE
                  SanAntonio Kid Level 1

This is a response to you and Steve Grisetti.

Yes, I am using Elements 8.0 and PrE upgraded to 8.0.1. I edited and produced my slide show in Elements and finally successfully sent it to PrE for editing.

But! the photos are way too large and don't fit in the PrE frame.  I sized every original jpeg in Elements Editor to 4"x6" at 200 ppi.

Per Steve Grisetti's reply have I overdone it?

Seems to me I did it the same way last year and it worked ok.  But I am aging I guess.

I also disabled Background Rendering because it ran and ran and ran like the you-know-who bunny.  OK.

Thanks again for all the help you gentlemen render (quip?)

• 6. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE
                    SanAntonio Kid Level 1

Pls. see my response to Bill Hunt.

• 7. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE

Yes. Your photos should be no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size at 72 ppi, per the article I linked you to above.

Also, which of the four methods did you use to create your slideshow? Saying you created it in Elements doesn't tell us anything. Elements could describe Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements or the Elements Organizer. We really need you to be specific about the steps you've taken to create the slideshow and send it to a Premiere Elements project.

• 8. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

When creating a SlideShow, that will go to Video, one has two main considerations:

• If there is going to also be Video used in the SlideShow, in Premiere Elements (PrE), then one would work backward a bit, and use the Frame Size of that Video, say 720 x 480 for an SD (DVD) Project, then in Photoshop Elements (PSE), Scale the stills to match that Frame Size, pretty closely. The only reason to go over the pixel x pixel dimensions would be if one needed to Pan on a Zoomed out image. Otherwise, the exact size of the Video Project's Frame Size would be ideal. As SD Video uses non-square pixels, and still images are square pixels, the size would be 640 x 480 with square pixels (PAR = 1).
                        • If there is no Video, then one would decide what the desired Frame Size would be, and also the delivery method. Again, if one was going to DVD, the above settings would work. If going to BD (Blu-ray Disc), the an HD size, and PrE Project Preset would be chosen.

With this planning at the beginning, there should be little to no difference between the size of the Scaled stills, and the PrE Project's Frame Size. The only Scaling would be done for a Zoom In/Zoom Out.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: ELEMENTS FAILS TO EXPORT TO PE
                          SanAntonio Kid Level 1

Thanks, everybody for your help.