5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2007 4:48 PM by JRomix

PC restart when zooming - Fireworks CS3

JRomix
      Every time when I make a zoom into a image and scrol using the hand tool the PC restarts. No error, no blue screen, alwais the PC restarts.

I´we formatted and reintalled windows XP, update Fireworks, reintaled Video drivers, but alwais the same.

P4 3 GH, 1 GB ram, 255 GB HHDD. ATI RAEDON 9600SE 128 MB RAM.

Any Ideas.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: PC restart when zooming - Fireworks CS3
          Level 7
          JRomix wrote:

> P4 3 GH, 1 GB ram, 255 GB HHDD. ATI RAEDON 9600SE 128 MB RAM.
          >
          > Any Ideas.

Check to see if video drivers are available for your machine.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: PC restart when zooming - Fireworks CS3
            Level 7
            On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:48:14 +0400, JRomix <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
            wrote:

> Every time when I make a zoom into a image and scrol using the hand tool
            > the PC
            > restarts. No error, no blue screen, alwais the PC restarts.
            >
            > I´we formatted and reintalled windows XP, update Fireworks, reintaled
            > Video
            > drivers, but alwais the same.
            >
            > P4 3 GH, 1 GB ram, 255 GB HHDD. ATI RAEDON 9600SE 128 MB RAM.
            >
            > Any Ideas.

About the only thing I can think of is video drivers. Check to see if
            there is updated version on ATI site. Try to experiment with hardware
            acceleration - set it to "None" and see if it changes anything. If it
            does, try gradually increasing it.

--
            Ilya Razmanov
            http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
            • 3. Re: PC restart when zooming - Fireworks CS3
              JRomix Level 1
              Video drivers are updated. No problem with other aplications, photoshop, illustrator and 3d accelerated software like sketchup, Zbrush. Fireworks MX works fine.

I will try the harware acceleration. Tx for your suggestions.
              • 4. Re: PC restart when zooming - Fireworks CS3
                Level 7
                On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:25:17 +0400, JRomix <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
                wrote:

> Video drivers are updated. No problem with other aplications, photoshop,
                > illustrator and 3d accelerated software like sketchup, Zbrush.
                > Fireworks MX
                > works fine.
                >
                > I will try the harware acceleration. Tx for your suggestions.
                >

I once had a problem with just one application out of many. Slightly
                decreasing hardware acceleration helped. In the end, it appeared to be
                tiny hardware defect, eliminated by changing the video card. It was the
                first time in my life hardware defects resulted in such a strange
                behaviour - normally defective video resulted in system not booting and me
                counting "beeps" at start. It was a good lesson (although I prefer not to
                take lessons from hardware).

--
                Ilya Razmanov
                http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
                • 5. Re: PC restart when zooming - Fireworks CS3
                  JRomix Level 1
                  Reducing the hardware acceleration has solved the problem. Tanks !!!

Some comments:

When I scrolled with the hand tool I noticed a thiny noise like a bzzzzz, if there where some static electicity, (I have the case on my desktop near me, so whith silence the noise was perceptible).
                  I tryed with other applications scrolling the same way and I nottice the same noise but reduced, not so strong as with Fireworks CS3.
                  Then I tried the same with Fireworks MX, and surpprisingly it was lighter than the CS3 versión.
                  Finally I nottice that it ocurres only on the edit whindow, when I moved other objects, like panels or menus, it didn´t happend. But when I moved over any object on the edit window, without touching (just going over it) the noise appears again.

All this indicate me that FW CS3 render in some special way (different to other applications) and requires more power from the video card which produces static electricity causing the pc crash.

It will be interesting some other theory, If any, just for understanding a litle more.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions.