11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2011 10:45 PM by danae830

No profile

danae830 Level 1

Hello,

I created my dcp file... saved in my camera raw/cameraprofiles (mac)...

When I open Camera Raw and click on the camera icon... I can only see 2010 (current)... In "Name" : "Embedded"... That's it !

In the DNG Profile Manager, in the camera tab... JPEG appears...

I really don't understand what's happening ??

If you have any idea...

Thanks...

• 1. Re: No profile
          Noel Carboni Level 7

Are you opening a JPEG file and expecting to see a camera profile?

The profile only makes sense when opening an actual raw file with Camera Raw.

-Noel

• 2. Re: No profile
            JimHess-ra2Osl Level 3

Camera profiles, whether provided by Adobe or created with the profile creator, are only designed to be applied to raw or DNG images.  The profile is "embedded" into your JPEG images by the in-camera settings.

• 3. Re: No profile
              danae830 Level 1

I opened a DNG file... not a jpeg or tiff !

• 4. Re: No profile
                JimHess-ra2Osl Level 3

I know, this is going to be a stupid question.  Some people like to save their JPEG files as DNG files.  Is there any chance that you did something like that?

• 5. Re: No profile
                  danae830 Level 1

It's not a stupid question at all... But no !

I don't understand :

- I dragged the dng file into the CCP to create the dcp file... (by the way : when I clicked on the button to create my profile, a dialog box appeared with "JPEG.dcp" in the text field !)...

- My dcp file is in the right folder...

- In ACR... no profile !

• 6. Re: No profile
                    Noel Carboni Level 7

What did you name your .dcp file?  JPEG.dcp?  If so, that name is what you're seeing when you open the DNG file.

Please feel free to post the file online so others can try to reproduce what you're seeing.

Do you see a camera profile when you open a true raw file from a camera your version of Camera Raw can deal with natively?  If you don't have one, you can locate one online, e.g., on one of the camera test sites.

-Noel

• 7. Re: No profile
                      danae830 Level 1

I named my .dcp file "reussi" (name for my test).

I found a true raw file...  but I can't see my profile... in ACR

I forgot to write... I also used the DNG Profile Editor... I could'nt see the small circles... In File menu > Export JPEG profile !!!

Do you want me to post the .dcp file ?

Thanks for your help !

• 8. Re: No profile
                        Jeff Schewe Level 5

What camera, what sort of DNG profile did you make. What version of Photoshop and Camera Raw are you using?

You mention CCP, do you mean ColorChecker Passport? You also mention DNG Profile Editor...have you read the tutorials about using DNG Profile Editor?

Where exactly did you install the profiles? You do realize that DNG profiles can NOT be used on JPEG or TIFF images, correct? The only profiles available will be named "Embedded".

I think you would do well to go back to the DNG Profile Editor tutorials and review. For further help, you really need to provide basic troubleshooting info...

• 9. Re: No profile
                          danae830 Level 1

I use the new version of ACR and PS CS5...

Yes, I mean ColorChecker Passport... Yes, I read the tutorials about using DNG Profile Editor...

Yes... I know that DNG profiles can not be used on JPEG..

Thanks for the link... I will see this tomorrow morning...

• 10. Re: No profile
                            Jeff Schewe Level 5

You still haven't mention the camera you are using. I also note you have been doing some renaming...you know you can't rename the profile after you've created it and the profile will only be good for the camera that the DNG profile was made for...not just any camera?

• 11. Re: No profile
                              danae830 Level 1

Sorry about that... I use a Canon... When I clicked on the button to save my .dcp file... a dialog box appeared with the JPEG.dcp name. So I changed this... then I clicked on Save... That's it !