11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 2:02 PM by Todd_Kopriva

After Effects crashes when rendering

cbiewer

My computer was fine last week and now when I try to render out of AE it freezes or crashes on the render screen. I have tried to render out several different MOV files with Pre Res 422 HQ compression with audio. Like I said they rendered fine last week. I just needed to resize them and now none of them render. I tried updating to 10.0.1, Purging, clearing the cache, reinstalling and restarting. Never had this issue arise before. I also tried rendering out of previous project files and it is the same issue. I get the color wheel of death and it just locks up. I am running OSX 10.6.6 with a Processor of 2.93 GHx Intel COre i7 Memory is 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 AE is CS5 legit copy that is paid for. If you need any other information I will be more than happy to provide it. I have tried rendering files as uncompressed MOVs, with the animation compression the Pro Res 422 HQ compression all to no avail. I did not install any new scripts or plug ins or anything since last week when it rendered fine. I can go around in the project and cut pictures out and animate and it works fine. The projects I am rendering out don't have tons of 3rd party plug ins and I also don't feel that is the case since I also tried rendering out several sizes of movs and they won't render either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks