4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 10:52 AM by Frustrated in AZ

"Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USE

lillygrace1950

I've also had problems with this.  I was on the chat line about

5 different times trying to figure it out, but Adobe chat is worthless. If they can't fix it my using their script notes, they refer you right back to the

begining.  Ater trying several times, I found out that Adobe had downloaded the ADE using an old sign on email address that had nothing to do with my nook.

I continued (silly me) to try to unload & then download the software, changed my email address on Adobe & my Nook and it still doesn't work.

They opened up a tech ticket because I couldn't close out the session and sign back in- I figured it out because the chat line was still open & as soon as I

logged completely out and back in, I went right back in correctly.  I'm about ready to write the CEO with how incompetant their customer service is (from a 34d world country?) but it probably won't do any good.

I think my next try will be on our desktop with has Windows 7- my laptop has XP.

I've asked the Library if they could help me & tonight they gave me the directions I had gotten the first time.  This is the only reason I bought a Nook was so that I could download free books to read.  I'm about ready to turn it in & get a Kindle. I understand they are catching up with Nook in the amount of books they are getting and they're the same prices.

Any help you can offer me, I'd appriciate.

• 1. Re: "Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USE
          wendygallson

I wish someone would have answered you.  I'm having the same issue in Canada with my Pandigital eReader.  ADE just won't let me transfer the books. and chat was useless.

• 2. Re: "Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USE
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Frustrating as it may be, this topic has generated a large volume of posts

on the forum.  If you look at them, you might find an answer for your

situation.

But to be frank, Adobe does a poor job of telling the user what's wrong.

And, since the design of the software predates Windows 7, some issues were

not covered, such as security settings for Windows 7 and the 'hidden'

rejections you can get when you think your system is set up correctly.  As

you can see from my avatar name, I am frustrated with the situation as well.

If I try to answer your question (which may have been answered by other

earlier posts), I need to know a couple of things about your situation,

because the details make all the difference.  Here's what I'd suggest you

do first:

Scan or search the forum for the same error....  Then, scan the forum for

Windows 7 issues because they address questions concerning establishing

communications between ADE and the outside world.  Finally, remember that

it's important to make sure your user ID's are synchronized between your

source and ADE (which is probably the number one reason you get the

'license fulfilled by another user' message.  If you've changed email

addresses, or used a different user ID when you set up your ebook source

account, then ADE will not be able to give you access to your ebooks

now....

This is not the best of worlds.  ADE and all other software labor under

rules built to conform to the requirements of the Digital Millenium

Copyright Act of 2000.  That Act limits sharing of ematerial between

different users, and it gives publishers and distributors the ability to

restrict your access to the materials.  Since ADE is the 'messenger',

people want to shoot IT.  We should have a method where we can adjust

permissions based on changes in the externals surrounding the material -

say when you change your email account - so that we can continue to access

material that we've obtained before.

(soapbox mode off)

==============

• 3. Re: "Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USE
              wendygallson Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I found some "solutions" in the forum, tried them and they didn't work.  So I have emailed  Kobo AGAIN to get them to generate new .acsm files for me.  We'll see if my request will work.

Wendy