1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 6:08 AM by Silviu Vergoti

Strobe media sizing issue with YouTube plugin and controlBarAutoHide=true

Geof Brownbridge

Hi

I'm a developer and have been using the Strobe implementation of the OSMF framework with a variety of media sources and formats. I have come up with an issue that appears to be linked with the YouTube plugin not playing nicely when controlBarAutoHide is set as true in the configuration XML.

Essentially, this is totally reproducible with any version of Strobe (eg svn://svn.code.sf.net/adobe/smp/svn/tags/1.5.1)  I have tested so far and the OpenSource repository version of the YouTube plugin (svn://svn.code.sf.net/adobe/smp/svn/trunk/plugins/YouTubePlugin), whether it is compiled using the Flex 4.1 or 4.0 SDK.

Using the controlBarAutoHide set to true leads to a resizing of the YouTube media element, but only AFTER the YouTube ads have started to be displayed.

Example parameters Object for the Strobe:

--------------------------

var parameters = {
                      src: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak",
                      autoPlay: "true",
                      verbose: true,
                      controlBarAutoHide: "true",
                      controlBarPosition: "bottom",
                      poster: "images/poster.png"
                      ,   highQualityThreshold: 719
                      ,     plugin_youtube: "YouTubePlugin.swf"
                  };

--------------------------

Fullscreen functionality is affected too.

Trying to track down the issue has shown that the YouTube plugin is NOT responding to trait changes to cause this. I suspect that it is related to something in the ad's swf that is loaded (via the YouTube player swf?) and that this is not playing ball with the YouTube plugin.

Please could you confirm this is reproducible and if anyone else has come across this issue or even better if there is a fix inthe works for tyhis?

Thanks in advance for all the effort of all conrtibutors to this great application.

Geof