6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 11:28 PM by PedersenDanny

Movieclip controll - buttons

PedersenDanny

Hi forum!

This is my first post here and I have a question..

I'm creating a menu in Flash, it will consist of 4 seperate categories - home, portfolio, contact and links. All these menu items or categories are buttons that triggers a movieclip that plays and makes new information to the meny.
      For exampel: Press contact, the movieclip starts and stops - the contact informations shows. And if you press contact again, the movieclip starts from the stop-position and then stops again.

Hope you got it!

But when I press, for example portfolio, after already pressing contact, the portfolio items is shown over the contact information.
      How do I make the showing movieclip to play when I press another button? Just like I discribed..

Here's the file - http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1297146943

Hope that you understand my issue, I will try to upload the flash-file that I'm having problem with soon.

Danny

• 1. Re: Movieclip controll - buttons
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if you're loading your content or your attaching movieclips, you need to remove that target movieclip or attached movieclip.

• 2. Re: Movieclip controll - buttons
            PedersenDanny Level 1

The movieclip that plays when you press the menu-items is a clip that's in the menu itself.

How do I remove the content to achive my wanted result? Hope you've got a perspective of how I want the menu to behave.

D

• 3. Re: Movieclip controll - buttons

so, what causes that movieclip to play?  are you using a gotoAndPlay()?

• 4. Re: Movieclip controll - buttons
                PedersenDanny Level 1

No I'm using :

on (release) {mc_contact.play();

}

For each categori - contact and portfolio.

• 5. Re: Movieclip controll - buttons

if mc_contact is the movieclip you want to remove, you can use:

mc_contact.swapDepths(this.getNextHighestDepth());

mc_contact.removeMovieClip();

• 6. Re: Movieclip controll - buttons
                    PedersenDanny Level 1

Well I want contact to play backwards if you press the portfolio button..

The mc_contact movieclip is a motion tween over 21 frames, on the 10th is stops, and is shown next to the menu. And if you press the contact button again, the movieclip starts from the 10th frame and then plays to the end and stops at frame 1.

And the mc_portfolio is built the same way.

Let me put it this way:

When you press the button contact in the menu, the mc_contact plays from a on (release) {mc_contact.play();} - code. The portfolio button and its movieclip is built just like this, but with another content.

If you press the contact button, the movieclip starts, and then stops and shows its content.

If you then let the movieclip stay active and press the portfolio button, i want the mc_contact movieclip to play to the end and stop at frame 1, and later on the mc_portfolio to start and stop at its 10th frame, so the content is shown.

Will be gratefull if I'll get the right answer on this!

D