5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 12:25 PM by kglad

Rotate in 3D

Yurosis09

Hi,

I'm a beginner to Flash and would like to ask for directions to get started with what I'm trying to achieve.

I've got a 3D model at hand, which I have imported as a movie and an image sequence of each frame depending on which is necessary. I basically would want to rotate it by 360 degree both on the x and y axis on a canvas as well as having that done manually, such as having to drag my mouse to control which direction the model rotates in. Can I do this in Flash?

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Rotate in 3D
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

flash can rotate 2d objects in 3d space.  if you have a 3d object that you want to rotate in 3d space flash can do that but you'll probably want to use a mature framework like papervision 3d.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rotate in 3D
            Yurosis09 Level 1

Hello,

I've downloaded Papervision 3D but am having some trouble with integrating it into Flash Pro CS5 as described by the installation guide that came with the download. That aside I have not a clue how to start with Papervision 3D or Flash after importing the movie or frames.

• 3. Re: Rotate in 3D

if you're comfortable with actionscript you should be able to use the sample files to get your project going.  if you're a novice actionscripter this will be a major challenge.

• 4. Re: Rotate in 3D
                Yurosis09 Level 1

I'd have to say I'm a novice at scripting.

Are there any other approaches I can take then? All I really need is the rotation to be manually controlled and for it to rotate 360 degrees on the x and y axis.

• 5. Re: Rotate in 3D

if you have a sequence of flat images that can be distributed along a movieclip timeline, you can animate your object by controlling the timeline.