3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 3:01 AM by Mylenium

Strange error message

Sombrero Level 1

I got a strange error message:

"Multiprocessign for RAM preview is supported only for the active camera view"

What does is mean? How can I work around it?

Thx

• 1. Re: Strange error message
          TimeRemapper Level 4

You probably have accidentally selected an orthographic view instead of the active camera. Click on the view selector pull-down menu in the composition window and select "Active Camera".

Screen shot 2011-02-08 at 7.19.47 PM.png

That being said, AE should still generate the preview, just using the foreground process.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Strange error message
            Sombrero Level 1

Ok, but I don't understand, what's wrong when I render a view other than the active camera. And other time the error not appeared when rendering any ortho or persp. view. How come here the multiprocessing? This error is a bit mysterious for me, and Google didn't find anything about it.

• 3. Re: Strange error message
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Ok, but I don't understand, what's wrong when I render a view other than the active camera.

Well, you cannot really render them, can you not? That's why the message informs you. It also comes up if you have multiple "real" cameras in a comp. when it didn't come up, you probably already were using the correct view, only used 2D effects and layers or did not have MP enabled. Whatever...

Mylenium