2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 10:42 AM by pixelwrangler

Transfer of License form submitted: how long?

pixelwrangler Level 1

I recently bought another CS3 Web Premium license from a private party, and the previous owner signed a TOL form and sent it to me along with the software. I signed the TOL form, added my Adobe Customer Number, and faxed it to Adobe about a week ago. Unfortunately, the previous owner did not get a Case Number first.

How long should it take before the license appears on my Product Licenses list on the Adobe site? So far, no sign of it.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Transfer of License form submitted: how long?
          ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Adobe says

"Please allow three to four weeks for your request to be processed"

• 2. Re: Transfer of License form submitted: how long?
            pixelwrangler Level 1

Hi. Actually, my recent experience is a bit different - so I'll answer my own question.

I have found that faxing the TOL form didn't work - twice. I had (according to my fax machine) successfully faxed a completed TOL to Adobe twice. Noting ever showed up on my registered programs list.

I went online to an Adobe Chat agent, gave him the info from the form. He created a new Case for me. I went onto my Adobe account, responded to the Case email, uploaded a PDF of my Transfer of License form. A day later the new software was on my registered list. BTW, I dunno what he checked, but the agent who helped me said they had no record of any fax from me.

Recently, Adobe Chat agents have been just excellent in terms of how quickly and efficiently they were able to get things done.