8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2011 10:29 PM by Declan.

Rolling images after fade out

Declan.

Hey guys,

Im back. I finished the previous project which the clients liked very much   now i need to do another one, exactly the same, but it will have a rolling picture (4) when 1 button is rolled over.

I can set it up to fade in when the mouse rolls over, but i am just wandering how to set it that i can make 4 images fade in after eachother after a space of about 3 seconds. If you need code i am more then happy to give what i have at the moment. I am just wandering if someone could point me in the right direction, i am assuming i will need a timer in there but i am not very good at AS3.0 so i do not know how to write it

Thanks in advance,

Declan

• 1. Re: Rolling images after fade out
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

it's easier to learn how to use one of the third party tween classes.  they all (afaik) allow a delay parameter that makes sequencing of tweens especially easy.  i like tweenlite.

• 2. Re: Rolling images after fade out
            Declan. Level 1

Hmm thanks for the reply but i really want to do this in solid code,

I just need a timer that will start after the first image is loaded up after a button is rolled over.

E.g

When my button is rolled over an image fades in, then i need a timer to start and when the timer hits 3 seconds a new image fades over the top of it. Then i need this to repeat until the mouse is moved off of the button.

I know it cant be that hard and i have tried to do it myself but i cant seem to get it to work and i really need to get this done ASAP.

Any help or pointers would be great,

I can post my code if you want?

Thanks,

Declan

• 3. Re: Rolling images after fade out

that is all code.

• 4. Re: Rolling images after fade out
                Declan. Level 1

Yes, but i dont know how to code it, i know how i need to code it but i do not have enough experience to actually write it myself. I have been on the adobe site looking at all the classes etc but i cant seem to implement it into my code that i have now.

• 5. Re: Rolling images after fade out

i think it would be easier to learn how to use a third-party tween than do what you want but it's your code.  write it the way you want.

• 6. Re: Rolling images after fade out
                    Declan. Level 1

Thanks for your help.

I do want it to be in code though, i understand it may be easier using a third party program but i want to learn the code so that in future i do not have these issues. Once i have an understanding of the code i will then start to use the other programs.

I am no further to solving my issue. I have looked at tutorials that use XML and AS3.0 what is the advantages of that? and would it be appropriate for me to try and incorporate one of those tutorials into my project.

All i am trying to do is get certain images to fade in after eachother when a specific button is pressed. I know timers would be the way to go but i can not figure out how to get them working.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 7. Re: Rolling images after fade out

what exactly do you want?  4 images that each fade-in with each image starting its fade some number of seconds after the previous image?

• 8. Re: Rolling images after fade out
                        Declan. Level 1

not quite.

sorta like this.

1 main image. (1st to fade in on mouseover)

after 3 seconds, second image fades in over it (mouse is still on same button)

when mouse rolls off, both images go away.