4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 1:03 AM by Vitalino Silva

Full Screen website

Vitalino Silva

Hi guys,

I´m new to flash catalyst, so i´ve the question.

It´s possible to create a full screen website using flash catalyst and then pass it to a programmer so he can connect the site to a server ?

thanks,

VitalinoSilva

• 1. Re: Full Screen website
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

WIth the Flash Catalyst 1.5 'Panini' Preview it is possible to create a Catalyst project that is resizeable. The 1.0 version of Flash Catalyst will not resize. Also the round tripping between Flash Catalyst and Flash Builder is much improved in 1.5 and Flash Builder 4.5. Your only issue will be the fact that both products are only available in 'Preview' form., so you will have to take that into account.

Chris

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Full Screen website
            Vitalino Silva Level 1

Thanks Chris,

Here let me see if you can help me with this. I´m planning to create a website, full screen website i know that´s possible with flash professional ( but right know i dont have all the knowledge to do code that, connect to servers, etc... ). So in your opinion would you do it in flash ( the site interface ) and then pass it to a programmer? Or would you use Dreamweaver?

VitalinoSilva

• 3. Re: Full Screen website
              Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

You can also use Flash Builder as well. Depending on what the site is, you might find using Flex a better choice. For example, if it is very data/input heavy in the user interface, I would probably go Flash Builder and Flex. But it the user interface is very visual and animated, then I would go Flash Professional. But you can use either tool to do either type if UI.

Good Luck!

Chris

• 4. Re: Full Screen website
                Vitalino Silva Level 1

Ok,

Thanks Chris