5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2007 3:31 PM by dimival

PopUpManager Events

xileff
      Hi,
      I'm working with an application that uses PupUpManager to display a popup. I need to perform a certain action when the popup is displayed. I do not have access to the class that uses this PopUpManager.createPopUp. What event(s) should I listen for when the popup is displayed on the screen.

All the help is much appreciated
        • 1. Re: PopUpManager Events
          dimival Level 1
          You could have your popup dispatch an event when it is done loading (creationComplete) and then listen for that event,
          • 2. Re: PopUpManager Events
            xileff Level 1
            I only have access to Application.application and not to the actual popup class or the class that creates the popup, so I cannot add any new event dispatchers. That is why I'm looking for an event that is being dispatched by flex when popup is created. I've tried 'Added' with no success. The popup is being added to a view stack or something. There should be something I can listen for.
            • 3. Re: PopUpManager Events
              dimival Level 1
              Ok i think you are getting confused.

You do have a TitleWindow subclass object right? which is the popup you want to show. That TitleWindow subclass should be able to dispatch events.
              • 4. Re: PopUpManager Events
                xileff Level 1
                I'm not the one displaying the popup, someone else wrote the class that generates a popup. that class is part of the framework written by other people and I do not have access to it, so I cannot insert any event dispatchers. My task is to perform some action when the popup is generated.
                • 5. Re: PopUpManager Events
                  dimival Level 1
                  You could try the childAdd event on Application, since it is dispatched when an object is added to the displayList, so give it a try.

I still believe the best will be to ask the person in your team who wrote the popup to add the dispatchEvent logic. Nevertheless try with the chilAdd event