• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR for Android monetizing

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this so forgive me, but i launched a paid version of an AIR for Android App and wanted to launch a free version with ads in an attempt to see how the monetizing of an app goes.  Does anyone have experience doing this with AIR for android?  if so what are my options?

erik

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Erik,

As far as I know there is no official method for doing this, however you can read more here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/745909?tstart=0

I'm looking forward to see this problem solved because people buy apps far less than getting the free ones with banners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, i just went through that forum and felt very disheartened..  while there seems to be a clever solution , it doesn't seem like a clean process.. yikes! adobe.. please do what you got to do.. we are trying to stay true!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

incredibly still no announcement of Adobe (admob).
and no developer tools .. for flash 10.2
nokia = adobe (both will go down)
I have no clue what else Adobe has cooking, but clearly they still think like it's the 80's and 90's and you can take 18 months to roll something out. It's gonna be a hard lesson to learn.
now i will switch native to android - and other tools like java eclipse corona engine
adieu flex flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lot of trouble (account canned on ADMOB ) and research, I have gotten Ads to work in all my Android Apps. This will work on a lot of AD networks, but most will ban you click fraud. Only one network allows this method and they provide support for it too.

I have over 100 games apps. with this method implemented and working. Here is a link to one of them for you to see how it will look in game. I am using multiple ads in this to force the user to click and make me some money: https://market.android.com/details?id=air.GraffitiCityMarketFree&feature=search_result

Does LeadBolt offer HTML integration for banner ads?

LeadBolt does allow banner ads to be integrated into your app using HTML, rather than using our SDK. To create a HTML banner ad after adding an app to the LeadBolt portal, simply click “Add Ad” and select “App Banner (HTML)” from the drop down box. The HTML snippet can then be added directly into your app’s HTML framework.

So far my eCPM is $6.15

I have created this guide to show my appreciation:

Publisher Code:

STEP I:

Get an Account: http://leadboltapps.com/web/publishers/signup.php?ref=10022842

STEP II:

Click on the “APPS” tab and “Create New APP” to create an AD. Remember to change content unlocker to HTML Banner. While in the process.

STEP III:

Get the HTML AD Code and keep it safe. That is all we need from the site. How simple was that?

AD HTML FILE:

Create an HTML File and Load it to your site. Remember to replace your HTML Code from above step with where I have put: ****ENTER HTML AD CODE HERE****

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>

<title>Untitled Document</title>

<style type="text/css">

body,td,th {

color: #FFF;

}

body {

background-color: #000;

margin-left: 0px;

margin-top: 0px;

margin-right: 0px;

margin-bottom: 0px;

text-align: center;

position: relative;

}

</style>

</head>

<body>

****ENTER HTML AD CODE HERE****

</body>

</html>

Action Script Code:

STEP I:

Credit: I found this on another site and would like to give credit to the author of pixelpaton.com

The only change you need to make is to enter your website html url where you have placed the AD HTML FILE in the space where I have put : "****ENTER COMPLETE HTML URL HERE****". Where ever you want the AD, place the following code:

// imports

import flash.events.Event;

import flash.events.LocationChangeEvent;

import flash.geom.Rectangle;

import flash.media.StageWebView;

import flash.net.navigateToURL;

import flash.net.URLRequest;

import flash.events.MouseEvent;

// setup variables

var _stageWebView:StageWebView;

var myAdvertURL:String = "****ENTER COMPLETE HTML URL HERE****";

//

{

// check that _stageWebView doersn't exist

if (! _stageWebView) {

_stageWebView = new StageWebView () ;

// set the size of the html 'window'

_stageWebView.viewPort = new Rectangle(0,0, 800, 100);

// add a listener for when the content of the StageWebView changes

_stageWebView.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CHANGE,onLocationChange);

// start loading the URL;

_stageWebView.loadURL(myAdvertURL);

}

// show the ad by setting it's stage property;

_stageWebView.stage = stage;

}

function toggleAd(event:MouseEvent):void {

trace("toggling advert",_stageWebView);

// check that StageWebView instance exists

if (_stageWebView) {

trace("_stageWebView.stage:"+_stageWebView.stage);

if (_stageWebView.stage == null) {

//show the ad by setting the stage parameter

_stageWebView.stage = stage;

} else {

// hide the ad by nulling the stage parameter

_stageWebView.stage = null;

}

} else {

// ad StageWebView doesn't exist - show create it

}

}

function destroyAd(event:MouseEvent):void {

// check that the instace of StageWebView exists

if (_stageWebView) {

trace("removing advert");

// destroys the ad

_stageWebView.stage = null;

_stageWebView = null;

}

}

function onLocationChange(event:LocationChangeEvent):void {

// check that it's not our ad URL loading

if (_stageWebView.location != myAdvertURL) {

// destroy the ad as the user has kindly clicked on my ad

destroyAd(null);

// Launch a normal browser window with the captured  URL;

navigateToURL( new URLRequest( event.location ) );

}

}

// setup button listeners

Hope this works and helps you. If you have questions, let me know. Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

erikliddell wrote:

I am new to this so forgive me, but i launched a paid version of an AIR for Android App and wanted to launch a free version with ads in an attempt to see how the monetizing of an app goes.  Does anyone have experience doing this with AIR for android?  if so what are my options?

erik

Hi Erik,

My apologies for arriving a bit late, but if you are still looking for a solution that supports Adobe AIR for Android, might I suggest giving AdBuddiz a try?

Just to give you more info - we offer a very clean solution and have worked with over 20 000 developers worldwide. We currently support premium interstitial and video ads and take pride in our high-quality, aesthetically pleasing graphics.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines